Friday, November 16, 2007

Makuahine & Makuakane

I love my parents.
I love how they exemplify marital love. They have taught me what unconditional love is. I love them for loving me, and more importantly, for loving each other so much that their love poured out into our little family of three.
I spent the morning with my mom today. My dad had called while we were talking. I sensed that he was terribly worried about her. My mom kept telling him that she was fine, and that she'd be just fine. She's been fighting a nasty lung infection, and was especially weak today. I could tell by the conversation that he was trying to let her know he'd be home for lunch early, and was coming to take care of her.
I love how concerned he is. He adores my mom. For real. He'll tell you he's addicted to her. I love that. A real man not afraid to be head over heels in love with his wife.
My mom really picked a winner for my step-dad. They married when I was 5. He has and always will be the perfect example to me of what a husband and father should be.
Oh, and did I mention how much I adore my mom? She pretty much my hero. She'll take up for the least, and stand up to the most. She'll ask you two thousand times what you want to drink when you walk in her door. She'll call me everyday just to check and make sure my family and I are doing well. She adores her loved ones, and surely isn't afraid to show it. I love her for who she is. She's the original source of love to me. God certainly knew who to pick to shower His celestial love onto me with. He uses her to love on me. I love Him for that.
Ok, I know this is a sappy, cheesy post. But then again, it is my blog...my place to gush and to just let it all out. So there ya go.
The photo above is of my dad and mom renewing their vows on Ali'i beach on Oahu. It was so precious to see. The reverend blessed them in Hawaiian, and they re-confirmed their covenant to God and each other. It was so sweet.
Thanks for reading (if you got this far!) lol
Mahalo,
amy k*

No comments: