Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hau’oli La Ho’omakika’i

Hau’oli La Ho’omakika’i ~ Happy Thanksgiving!
We will be celebrating our day of Thanks at my momma's house. Where will you be? I am making a few pies tomorrow for our day of Thanks. I'm looking at new recipes to try. What's your favorite? Any good recipes out there? If so, send 'em on in! I love baking, and can't wait to see what I come up with next. It's such a special time for me while I'm cooking. I pray, sing, laugh with the fam, taste, listen, all that...I really get into it. Even if I'm making oatmeal, I still really enjoy being in my little kitchen. I like wearing my pretty aprons while making good stuff for my loved ones. I need to cook more often...it's soul-refreshing to me. I didn't used to be so "home-maker-ish". I was always a lover of baking, but my heart wasn't really in it all. I was taught by some lovely ladies that it is GOOD and PLEASING TO THE LORD for me to enjoy homemaking. Once I learned that, it all changed for me. I really do see serving my family as my way of blessing and loving them. And, the Lord loves it too...what's better than that? That's something I'm thankful for...God making me a woman who loves to serve her family, and for the loving ladies who taught me what God wants for me!
Drop me a line and let me know your plans and what you love or don't love about Thanksgiving.
What are you most Thankful for?
Mahalo!
amy k*


No comments: