Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Christmas Meme

I've been tagged...again! This time it's a Christmas meme....

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Definitely wrapping paper. I love watching people open gifts. Much more fun with paper to rip apart!

2. Real or Fake tree?
Well, we had a fake tree last year, but my hubby threw it out after it started falling apart. We plan on getting a real tree this year. My husband will pay $30-$40 for the smell of pine, but I wouldn't mind paying $20 for a fake tree. They look so nice!

3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually the day after Thanksgiving, but this year it will be the 1st weekend of December...YAY! THIS WEEKEND!!

4. When do you take the tree down?
After Epiphany

5. Do you like egg nog?
I don't reallly like it, but my family does.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My little box filled with random treasures that my Aunt Penny makes for me. They can have little books, pretty hair ties, keychains, bookmarks, paper weights, etc. in them. She fills them with things that remind her of me. So special.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene?
Of course! It's already up in my China Cabinet

8. Hardest person to buy for?
My husband, hands down.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
My daughter...she just wants cold hard cash. (teen, wants to shop after Christmas sales!)

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received?
A fire extinguisher...from my X step mom who didn't really like me.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I (embarressingly) don't send Christmas cards. I WILL send an email to dear friends though!

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
Definitely "A Christmas Story". My family loathes this movie because I wear it out. I'll save it for Christmas day this year...

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I only buy gifts for the people who will be at our house, and pretty much just for the kids. So, I'll start this weekend since I'm buying the kids all board games. Lindsey just wants money, so that's easy!

14. Have you recycled a Christmas present?
Oh yeah, many of them!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Fudge, cookies, candy canes, and our traditional Christmas morning breakfast when the grandparents and visitors bring a dish to share.

16. Clear of color lights on the tree?
I like them ALL! This year it's my daughter's turn to choose how we decorate the tree. She's chosen lime green decorations with clear lights. Should be interesting.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
"Away in a Manger" I sang it in front of 300+ people when I was 6 and have loved it ever since.

18. Travel or stay home at Christmas?
It's my rule that we stay home. No more trying to please everyone by showing up. My motto is: "If you're in the area and wanna come over, please come, if not....NO GUILT!!!"

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Uhhhh, maybe if "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer" is playing in the background!

20. Angel or Star tree topper?
Not sure yet....
21. Open gifts Christmas eve or day?
We go to my grandmother's house for Christmas eve and exchange gifts. We open our gifts to eachother Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Worrying about making everyone happy

23. What I love most about Christmas?
making memories and traditions come to life with the kids.

Ok, I tag Lady Dorothy! YOU'RE IT!!!
Mahalo,
amy k*



4 comments:

Alicia said...

Thanks for doing the meme! That one is fun to read from everyone.

Lady Dorothy said...

Oh, Amy! I just read your Christmas meme and saw that you tagged me! I will do it, I promise. But, not tonight. I am trying to blog about our Thanksgiving and my desktop (where all the pictures are) is being VERY slow! Ugh!

Tamera - aka TJ said...

Amy,

I love your meme. I am going to use it on my blog if you don't mind. Great!

Gombojav Tribe said...

I tagged you for another meme! :-) It's on my blog tonight.